Searches for Purchasing Property
Searches that are included for Purchase of House and Land:
The following searches are required to reasonably secure your property purchase.
- Title Search upon the receipt of the contract, in our office.
- Registered plan of Land – this is marked and sent to you, to confirm the correct property.
- Council Rates Search which reveals information about the state of the rates account.
- Contaminated Land Search
- Main Roads Search (Transport Department)
- Land Tax Clearance Search.
- Title Search on the day of settlement – to confirm owner.
Searches that are included for Townhouses, Units and Dwellings with Body Corporate:
In addition to the above searches for purchase of house and land, you will also require –
- Body Corporate Information Certificate which reveals the state of the body corporate levies.
Is there Anything Else?
Some Lenders require a settlement notice to be lodged with the Department of Natural Resources.
Our fee for this service will be $50
FOR UNITS –
Your Lender may require a certificate of currency to ensure that the entire property is insured – the Body Corporate holds this insurance.